cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Hex string to number

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a hexa string coming from a VISA serial communication which give me FFFFF756 but when I convert it to a decimal I got 4294965078. I used Hexadecimal string to number function.

How do you do to obtain a signed result ? Sometimes the hexa is positive and the other times it negative (in this case).

Thank you, Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,335 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Clement1

Hello,

wire a I32 constant to the "default (0 U32)" input of Hexadecimal string to number function and use a I32 indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,313 Views)

Unlike other programming languages, the LabVIEW help system is very good and easy to understand (mainly because they can refer directly to the picture without you having to interpret cryptic "Conventions Used in This Guide" issues.  (What to brackets mean?  What do italics mean?  etc.)

Start off with enabling context help by clicking on the [?] in the top right corner of every VI front panel and block diagram, or by pressing <CTRL> + <h>.  Mousing over just about anything now gives a brief description of the node.  Most of the context help also has a link to detailed help, too.  NI has done an excellent job of making the detailed help easy to understand.

When I first started with LabVIEW, the LabVIEW help system was my best friend.  Although a close runner up was the search box.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,273 Views)