From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Analog 14V signal to a boolean

Hi all, 

I'm trying to use a proximity sensor (Panasonic GX-F/H) which switches between 0 and 14V to stop a linear motor. What is the proper way to convert the analog input singal from the sensor into a boolean? 

My attempt was to connect the sensor to the analog input of my DAQ 6008 and use a comparator (signal < 10V) --> see attachement. This actually worked but it sometimes had a delay of more than 1s, what makes it impossible to position the motor accurately. Any ideas to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!!Smiley Happy

Regards

JW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,710 Views)

Hi Bigles,

you don't have an "analog signal" - you have a DDT wire…

Either convert the DDT signal to a DBL wire (ExpressVI functions palette: "FromDDT"…) to compare the DBL with your limit OR convert the result of the comparison from DDT to boolean value (ExpressVI function palette: "FromDDT")…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,694 Views)

Hi Gerd! 

Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate!

I changed the DDT-signal with the "FromDDT"-converter. This works and finally i got a boolean signal. However, I did not help with the delay that sometimes occured. But I just figured out that the issue was due to a too high "number of samples" which I defined. Now everything works. 

Thanks a lot and have a nice week

Best regards 

JW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,684 Views)