From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls in one smartphone vi control other open VIs..

This is what my code looks like:

As I drill into sub VIs keypad movements move the cursor in parent VIs. Now that's annoying but what really sucks is when you exit a VI some times that enter command also actuates the button on the parent VI that brought you into the sub VI. Essentially making a loop. Any thoughts on how to focus the keypad movements on the current VI only?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,684 Views)
Hi gt5816v,
maybe it helps, to check if the vi where the event occured, has the focus, or if it is the top level vi.
Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 04-22-2008 07:57 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,671 Views)
The VI that "should" be in focus functions properly but some keypad and button presses are relayed to it's parent VI. Does that make sense?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,668 Views)
I have tried adding key focus to the sub VI but it doesn't seem to help. Any input would be really helpful Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,634 Views)

gt5816v,

Would it be possible for you to post your VI? I looked at the screenhots you had provided, however, I wanted to play around with it.

Mehak D.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,616 Views)
I will build a source distribution tonight and post it tomorrow.

I'm thinking I need to determine if the vi is the current top level or not and disable the getPDAInput VI based on that.... Trying to find a good way to implement this now.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,607 Views)
I tried posting this as an attachment but no worky..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,586 Views)