LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls Shift

I have a front panel that has been hacked by many developers over time, and I’ve been asked to modify it. It was originally created on a square “19 monitor.  I grew some of the controls to be more aligned with the newer monitor aspect ratio (i.e. more horizontal). I’m still having a problem, however, that I can’t resolve.  If I slide the bottom bar (on the front panel), such that all my left-side controls are up against the edge, then I have a gap on the right side that is unsightly (see OriginalGap.PNG).  If I grab the right edge and try to bring it up against my right-most control, a bunch (but not all) of my controls shift AND the gap remains (see UnsightlyGap.PNG). Is there a property node or some attribute that I should look for that might be getting set that controls how far away it should be away from the edge (or from some other control)?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,613 Views)

Right click -> Scale Object with Pane. 

Maybe.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,608 Views)

it is not clear what you want from the highly truncated pictures. Do any objects scale with the front panel? Are there symbolic fonts that depend on the OS theme?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,607 Views)

Hi mrbeam,

You might want to check whether VI Properties\Window Size\Scale all objects.is selected...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,594 Views)

Yes, That FP has been hacked by more than one developer.

A snip on Window Size properties (Ctrl+I for the VI Properties) would help and of course, you could upload your vi (don't sweat the callee's we only need the Front Panel to play with) would be quite helpful for us to aid you.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,591 Views)

I've never saved off just the front panel.  How is that done?  I just switched from LV2009 to LV2017.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,526 Views)

@mrbean wrote:

I've never saved off just the front panel.  How is that done?  I just switched from LV2009 to LV2017.

You don't  (in theory you can password protect the Block Diagram but, that isn't needed here)

What I meant was. if you attach the vi without worrying about any of the sub-vis we still have the whole front panel even tough the vi itself is broken due to missing dependencies.  And, Front panel adjustment is all you are looking for.  However, without the front panel we can't inspect the properties of the objects on the front panel and you will have to look at them yourself from descriptions of where to look for them.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,523 Views)