cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling size of LabVIEW on screen under Windows 10 Laptop

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I hope this is not a duplication question. I had done a good trawl through old posts but most searches lead me to threads on how LabVIEW controls screen size. I have an issue on LabVIEW's interaction with the operating system:

Running a laptop with Windows 10 my LabVIEW 2016 was working fine. Upon installation of the "Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit" Labview's display windows shrunk down to about a quarter in size. 

All my vi front panels are a mess. I seem to be able to resize the item by item but that is a painfully slow process and it would need to be done for each and every one of them. 

LabVIEW itself is hardly readable and tasks like linking inputs and outputs in the sub-vi control are extremely difficult at this micro-resolution.

Checking the computer: the screen resolution (2540 x 1440) and display setting (200%) have not changed. LabVIEW still reacts to changes on the operating system but  

Cranking the display setting up the the maximum possible 225% yield a tiny improvement but upsets other apps.

I have had a good search through LabVIEW controls but could not find a fix.

Any advice on controls build into LabVIEW that could repair this issue or any advice on the interaction between the operating system and LabVIEW to fix this would be most appreciated.

I have attached a screenshot of a before and after view of one vi front panel.

Thanks,

Jens  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,052 Views)

Why is the font at 22pt. You seem to be using symbolic fonts that scale according to the windows setting. (I only use 100% and I also only use defined fonts.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,003 Views)

OK - thanks - that changed things a bit.

I had not seen that had become different. I now understand why the vi-s looked all messed up. The font size and item size had become a mismatch. I changed the font back to the original 12 I had it at and now my vi looks back to normal-ish but tiny.

My whole LabVIEW display is still way too small to be legible - both in the Front Panel and in the Block Diagram.

That is at 200% settings.

Jens 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,997 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author uffo

For my laptop, which has a 15" screen with an insanely-high resolution of 3840 x 2160, instead of specifying 200% magnification, I changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and chose 125% magnification (100% is too tiny for my taste and eyes).

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 6
(3,964 Views)

Thanks Bob!

That was the problem. Seemingly LabVIEW had stopped taking the magnification factor on board.

I've taken the resolution down a bit and went to 100% magnification and it works a treat. LabVIEW still does not at all react to changes in the magnification but with lower resolution and at 100% it is back to being visible and usable.

Magnificent!

Uffo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,961 Views)

Many thanks for the suggestion. I was having a much simpler problem with the size of the graphics. My screens are 1920 x 1080, and this is the first time I was using LabVIEW on this hardware. Stuff was just hard to see. Reason? My eyes are old.

I too hunted for a solution within LabVIEW, not even thinking of something simple like change the screen magnification. That solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,810 Views)