From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a digital out with square wave

Hi all.  I'm completely new to Labview, and programming.  I have a cDAQ with a digital out board, and a thermocouple board that I want to use to get readings from thermocouples, and then have that control a relay.  I found on this forum where you can use the PID VI to create a square wave which can then control a heater on/off, but I can figure out how to hook it up to my simulated digital out daq module.  I've attached the code that was completely copied from another post.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,906 Views)

If you are very new to LabVIEW, I would advise you to first go through some online tutorials/webcasts (e.g. http://www.learnni.com/getting-started).

And could you please list the hardware you are using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,879 Views)

I've gone through Core 1 and on Core 2.  I'm using a compaqDaq 9134 with 9472 and 9213

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,862 Views)

You will need to add a DAQmx digital output task. I would recommended looking at the Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi in the NI Example Finder if you are new to using DAQmx and don't know how to do this. Additionally, attached is a screenshot of an example of what you could do.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,827 Views)