LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling LakeShore Temperature Controller 330 with Labview 7

Hey all,

I'm using LakeShore Temperature Controller 330 to control the temperature of a sample. Right now we're choosing a setpoint and then resetting it (all manually) after we see it drift up beyond about 0.1K above our desired temperature. I want to use Labview 7 to automate this process. So I'd be very grateful if somebody could help me:

1. Find drivers for labview 7

2. Write a program to control the temperature

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,294 Views)

Sorry about this, but I just found out we're actually using a Lakeshore Temperature controller 331. I still can't seem to find drivers for Labview 7. All the drivers are for 8 and up. Does anybody know where to get them?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,278 Views)

ShotSimon, I'd seen that thread before but unfortunately it doesn't have drivers for Labview 7 and is for the 330, not the 331.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,251 Views)

If you think the drivers for the 331 will work with the 330 then you can post a request in the Version Conversion Board to have the drivers downconverted to your LabVIEW version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,249 Views)

While cleaning up my folders I discovered that I had previously downconverted the Lake Shore Cytronics 330 Driver here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Downconvert-VI-Requests/m-p/1601950#M582377

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,234 Views)

Thanks, I'll try it out. Hopefully it works for the 331.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,228 Views)

How can I get this VI to read from my temperature controller? The analog output of the controller is connected to a channel on a National Instruments SCB-68. In general, how does one get the I/O of a VI to read from a particular channel?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,222 Views)

Your question doesn't make much sense. The SCB-68 is just a connector block. If you have an analog signal that you want to read then you need a data acquisition device.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,216 Views)

Sorry, I'm just getting started with Labview. The SCB is connected to a Serial Box Interface, which I believe is a data acquisition device. I've got another program that reads temperature and voltage, but the inputs for that were configured long ago. How can I configure the VI you linked to so that it reads the temperature?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,208 Views)