From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling IMAQ camera capture via DAQmx operation

Dear all,

I am working with a PCIe-1427 board connected via link to a camera (SUI Goodrich) and am also using a PCI-6731 board to which I have attached an M-series SCC-68 connector block.

I have been successful in writing code for controlling .avi capture from the camera and writing separate code to control the switching of an optical switch connected to the SCC-68.

The two lines of the optical switch relay differing information and I wish to alternately introduce this information to the camera for analysis.  Ideally I wish to trigger the acquisition of the camera capture with the optical switching such that each frame contains information of a single channel only but I have been unsuccessful as yet in the integration of the counter DAQmx operation with the IMAQ camera code. Smiley Surprised

Is this possible?  I see from 1 previous post that through the use of an RTSI cable I can connect the two devices together (or alternately use the DAQmx to output a trigger on the digital lines).  Can anyone suggest information or an example on how to route signals from DAQmx via RTSI to IMAQ?  Also is there anything that I should be looking out for with regards the pulse generation to the switch which allows the signals to be passed via RTSI? 

I find that by running my camera and counter code in the same vi both will work (obviously not in sync) - if I connect the RTSI and select camera settings to accept RTSI triggers, should this be a simple solution?

I would greatly appreciate any insights you would have; my time is running out very quickly and is really distressing. Smiley Sad

Kindest regards and thanks,

Miika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,578 Views)

In my app I have setup a sync'd video capture to a multiple of the AI scan clock which I have routed to PXI Trig0.  I then setup the IMAQ Configure Trigger3 vi to accept a trigger on RTSI 0 which NI has thoughtfully connected to PXI Trig0 on the PXI chassis backplane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,567 Views)

Hi sachsm,

Thanks for your reply. 

I am unsure what you refer to by 'routed to PXI Trig0' - can you please elaborate.  I have my RTSI cable configures in MAX and I am using IMAQ Configure Trigger3.vi with the trigger set to 2 so that when the assertion edge of a trigger is received, the buffer list is acquired.

Please see my code below.  Should I adjust my trigger settings in MAX? It's currently set to internal.

Kind regards,

Miika

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,546 Views)

I am sorry, I misread your post and thought you had a PXI chassis board.  According to this article your board does not have RTSI

frame trigger so you would need to use external triggering.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/High-Speed-Digitizers/Unable-to-add-IMAQ-devices-to-RTSI-in-MAX-Only-DAQmx-c...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,533 Views)