LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control position locked on front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Silly question, but it has me baffled. In LabVIEW 2015 the "Continuous Measurement and Logging" template example creates a front panel with a set of controls across the bottom. These controls move as a group as the main panel is resized. How is this done? I can select individual controls and move them, but can't select the group, as a group. I also notice that if I "show label" it shows "briefly" as a dotted outline "behind" some area above the control. If I move the control upward, the label is visible, and an area around the upper part of the FP is shown with a dotted line, briefly. I know that the front panel is probably created with scripting, but assume that it can be done manually as well.

Also, the scroll bars are turned off, and in fact can't be turned on in the VI properties "Window Appearance" window, they are grayed out.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,816 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_Pro

Hi Putnam,

Just above those controls is a horizontal splitter, splitting the panel into two separate panes. This allows the graph to "fit to pane" while still having the buttons visible on the bottom.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,781 Views)

Thanks! Figured that, but couldn't seem to find it. With it pointed out, and moving all the controls into the upper part, I can now see it, and the right click stuff that controls it and the scrolls, etc.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,778 Views)