LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of a Brushless DC Motor

I am working on trajectory control for a Brushless DC Motor.I am using LabVIEW setpoint PID for set point generation and PID VI for control. The motor is supposed to follow a sine curve (figure attached). In the figure attached, there is also the actual trajectory of the motor.  I have tried using PID Lead Lag VI for improved response but it only gave little improvement. I have attached the .vi file also. I am also adjusting the output values so that the motor PWM input is not in the deadband area of the motor.

The issue is the lagging response of the motor. The motor response is delayed and the response is in steps (as seen in the figure)

I do not have much idea about the motor since it was in my Lab without any datasheet.

Only thing I know is that it is a 350W, 3000rpm , 24V motor. Maximum Current 16A. The motor takes PWM input. For feedback  I am using a 4000 CPR encoder. To control the motor, I am using a motor controller ZM 6615 which was bought from www.sdcq-micromotor.com (the controller manual is not in english). Th PWM input is provided by myRIO 1900. I have used the same vi for a Permanent Magnet DC motor with much better response. I am relatively new to BLDC motors and it would be great if anyone could provide me an insight on this problem.

Thank you.

Download All
Message 1 of 1
(4,360 Views)