LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of VI by connection to WEB PAGE

Hi, I have done a VI to control my Instrument. For example I Control my Signal Generator.

Suppose that my Signal Generator is connected to my pc and there is a VI that control my Signal Generator in LabView.

I desire to control my Signal Generator by my pc in my house in the night.

I have read that I can Use "Tools->Web Publishing Tool".

Using this tool I have saved a page htm in the directory "National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\www\".Using an address I can see a Internet Page with Control Panel of my Instrumentation. (Note: the page is seen using Internet Explorer, but not visible using Firefox)

I desire to CONTROL my Signal Generator. How can I do it? 

Thanks,
Vanny

)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(

Sweet, Beautiful and Young Female Physicist (SBYFP)
(I speak a not very good english, so If U are Italian LabVIEW expert speak in Italian, if U speak in Eglish... please speak easy;) )
My e-mail for personal contact: vanessaricciardi@live.it_NO_SPAM_PLEASE
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,924 Views)

I explain myself. I have a Signal Generator connected to pc and controlled bt LabVIEW.

So I desire to controll My Signal Generator form my house.

Suppose that in the laboratory Signal Generator is ON and LabVIEW also run.

How I can permit to other pc in internet to connected to my pc and control my Instrumentation?

I have saved a file .htm of my control Panel and if I click with right taste of mause I can open Remote Panel Client and activate request Control of VI and I can control my VI by this page saved in folder www of Labview. But this is not utility because i stay on the same pc.

If I put a file.htm of my VI in a my site It's Impossibile that I can control my VI by this site I think because the site is not connected to my pc and labVIEW folder www. But I desire this. Control my VI from other pc. It's possible?

Thanks,
Vanny

)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(

(I speak a not very good english, so If U are Italian LabVIEW expert speak in Italian, if U speak in Eglish... please speak easy;) )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,921 Views)

When I go to link of my pc in wich there are a VI from other pc in which there is LabVIEW compare a strange message:

REQUESTED VI IS NOT LOADED INTO MEMORY OF SERVER COMPUTER.

On the other pc I must put a VI? Where? In what folder?

I don't understand...

Thanks,
Vanny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,896 Views)
Yes, of course the server pc must have the VI. If it's a VI and not an exe, you must have LabVIEW running and the VI loaded. To load a VI, you go to the File menu and select Open.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,882 Views)

See the figure. I use many times the yellow icon, but Can I use only one icon in the for cycle? But I must put, like the figure show, the out of every cycle in one of input of merge icon. It's possible?

00000.jpg

Thanks,
Vanny

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,780 Views)
You also need the LV run time engine on the client (Viewing / home) PC once the server is running said vi in order for the panel to be loaded into firefox / IE
LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,771 Views)