LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of Intelligent Actuator PCON

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you for your reply Jens, I will give that a try as well.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(806 Views)

@eleceng94 wrote:

Thank you for your response. I have not tried that. I am having a difficult time putting that into LabVIEW. I am using VISA configure serial, and when I put "0D0A" in as a constant for the termination character it automatically changes it to "FF". It won't let me put "[CR][LF]".

That's normal, you can only define 1 char as the termination char, not two.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 12 of 14
(801 Views)

@jamiva wrote:

@eleceng94 wrote:

I've tried messing with the termination character both in MAX and LabVIEW, but nothing is working. I feel like there are certain settings that are either configured incorrectly, or not configured at all, that is preventing the query message from being sent correctly. I can control it with hyperterminal, but when I try MAX or LabVIEW it's not sending the response message which probably means its not receiving the correct query message.

Just guessing. You messed with the termination character (singular). The sample query from the manual shows you actually need two term characters [CR][LF]. Have you tried this??

sample.JPG

This ended up being the problem. I was able to confirm it today using the "Basic Serial Write and Read_1 bit. vi" file attached on this webpage: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/171D2D70CFB66E74862571390062D12B. This VI uses VISA Serial sub VIs to transmit a string to the serially connected device. It disables the termination character which allowed me to transmit "\r\n" at the end of my command inside the string which worked with my controller. Thank you all for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(783 Views)

Hey Guys!

I am also trying to use LabVIEW to control ACON and PSEP IAI controllers. It seems like you have finally designed the overall system for communication between controller and NI. Can I get the VI's that you used to communicate? It would great pleasure indeed. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(727 Views)