From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control & Simulation - Transfer function window off screen & not selectable/maximizable

Good day,

I often run simulation in the Control & Simulation toolkit using Control & Simulation Loops.  Every so often, and randomly, a transfer function/step signal/PID configuration window will open off of the selectable screen area.  It is not possible to maximize it from the task bar or when scrolling though open windows using Alt+Tab.  Thus, it is not possible to change any settings once this occurs.  The issue is caused when I am using multiple screens (or even only one additional display) and not when I am only using the laptop display but does not open on screen after it happened once.  Other than that, I have no idea why this happens and have not been able to identify how to resolve it.  Restarting the LabVIEW or the laptop does not change this and the VI is useless after this occurs as no settings can be altered (once it pops up "off screen" it does not ever show correctly again).

I have added a screenshot for what it is worth.

This problem is intermittent but infuriating and renders the Control & Simulation toolkit useless to me.  Any solution to this problem would be highly appreciated! I am hoping that I am missing some display setting somewhere but have not been able to find a solution.

System specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit v1803

LabVIEW 2019 SP1 64-bit

Nvidia GeForce 940MX graphics 

Two displays connected via HDMI and VGA at work and one HDMI at home.  It happens on either setup.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(509 Views)