LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Porperties

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a full development licensed version of LabVIEW 2016 and whenever I right-click a control I only get an abbreviated properties window. I have checked the options and searched for an answer but cannot find a way to display all the properties on their appropriate tabs.

Any suggestions as to why or how to correct this anomaly?

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,943 Views)

Is that Knob a typedef?

Did you install any tool kits from VIPM or otherwise?

Message 2 of 13
(2,942 Views)

Check this file:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\resource\PropertyPages\32.txt"

for Knob.

It should contains more than one line.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,889 Views)

I'm puzzled how you produced your picture.  I opened a new VI in LabVIEW 2016, dropped an I32 Knob from the Silver Palette (as that matches what you showed), right-clicked it, and chose "Properties".  This is what I saw:

Knob Properties.png

I have no idea why you see something different ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,878 Views)

The knob is just a dropped in control from the pallet. I have downloaded tool kits based on the recommendations of the software updater....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,865 Views)

There is no "32.txt" file in this folder or any other LabVIEW 2016 folder

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,862 Views)

The picture itself is produced using an application (Greenshot). Every control I have tried so far has only shown me what you've seen in my original picture.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,861 Views)

@hrsnblm wrote:

Every control I have tried so far has only shown me what you've seen in my original picture.

That sounds like a serious issue with your install.  I would try to do a repair.  If that does not fix it, uninstall all of your toolkits and LabVIEW and install again.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,855 Views)

One thing we often ask, particularly when something as "strange" as the pictures and reports you are sending us, is for the Poster to attach an actual VI for us to examine.  Attach the thing that doesn't work (your VI) rather than a picture of it -- we can then poke it, examine it, try to reproduce it, etc.

You mention that the Dial in your picture was dropped from a Palette.  Which Palette?  In my post that (I admit) showed a picture of a Control and its associated Property Sheet, I told you it was dropped from the Silver Control Palette (as I was "guessing" the Palette you used, based on the picture of your control).  I didn't say, but I used the Numerics sub-Palette (as that's where Knobs are found).

When did you install LabVIEW?  Has it always behaved this way?  Did you install it yourself?  I'm wondering if you have something seriously wrong here, but I can't tell because you didn't provide the information we need to better evaluate your problem.  Please attach a VI.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,852 Views)

I'll try and answer your questions in order as I see them. I've attached the "vi" for your inspection. It is nothing more than a knob control dropped from numeric controls palaette (yes, silver).

This LV version was installed a couple of years and reinstalled after I started having issues (last week).

I cannot tell you if it always acted this way. I do not believe so, I am not a regular, or even semi-regular user of LabVIEW, but I am trying to change that.

Yes, I installed it myself as I have with all versions and/or upgrades.

I hope this helps and I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,841 Views)