From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Of Sabertooth 2x60 with packetized serial

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am trying to get a driver built and fully working for a Sabertooth 2x60 to be used in a RoboRIO driving an electric wheelchair motors.  So I have it working for the most part and it should be a real simple but for some reason it is not.  

I can post additional code if it helps but hopefully someone has had experience with the issue.  I and sending serial commands to the sabertooth via VISA and it responds perfectly for motor 1 and seems to miss about every other message for motor 2.  Additionally I cant set the serial time out or any of the other time outs.  

Attached is a summary that I sent to Customer support but so far they are little help.  I am guessing it is some random Labview thing that I am missing.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GeneHancock

Your checksum says you want to add the 3 bytes together.  But you are just ORing them together.  Before ANDing with 1111111.

In some situations, the checksum would be the same.  In others it would not.  (Though for the 2 examples you show, they do give the same checksum.)

Message 2 of 4
(2,536 Views)

Crap I think that is the issue.  I will test it out when I get to work but it makes total sense.  I think I just say the + and thought or and didn't fully read it.  

Will Update when I know it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,531 Views)

That was the issue.  Good eye.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,518 Views)