LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Festo PA Compact station using LabVIEW

Hi,

So I'm doing an graduation project with festo pa compact workstation and I want to know can I use the LabVIEW program to control and read the values from it. 

if yes can somebody please explain me in few short steps how to do it, what is the main goal, etc.

thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,556 Views)

Hi Bazinga,

@BeerBazinga99 wrote:

So I'm doing an graduation project with festo pa compact workstation and I want to know can I use the LabVIEW program to control and read the values from it. 

if yes can somebody please explain me in few short steps how to do it, what is the main goal, etc.

The "main goal" should be defined in your project description…

There is not so much information on this webpage: do you have manuals for that hardware?

The page only mentions some 0-10V/4-20mA signals for this "smartmeter" and some "Ethernet" connection for the Siemens Sentron. It also mentions some "measurement software", so there seems to be a way to connect your hardware with some software…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,554 Views)

Yes i have the manuals but it does not say anything about controlling if with LabVIEW. The workstation uses FESTO easy-port USB and it has an application "FLUID LAB", which is based on the LabVIEW program. there are commands for controlling it with Easy-port but i don't know how to connect easy-port to the labVIEW. It can be done I saw some people saying theyy are doing it with the LaVIEW over easy-port but there is no explanation how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,494 Views)

Hi Bazinga,

then you need to ask the manufacturer (aka Festo) for that explanation (aka a better manual)!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,489 Views)

Sorry to bring up a old post but does anyone have access to the FLUIDLAB software that comes with the Festo Compact Workstation? I have the hardware and the EasyPort but no FLUIDLAB software.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,163 Views)

Hi Joe,

@joeburmeister wrote:

does anyone have access to the FLUIDLAB software that comes with the Festo Compact Workstation? I have the hardware and the EasyPort but no FLUIDLAB software.

Why do you think you should ask for that software in the LabVIEW forum?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ask Festo for their software?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,140 Views)