From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control ESCON controller using Labview and NI DAQ 6212

Hello,

I am new to Labview and Maxon and I do not know from where to begin. I have a NI DAQ 6212, a maxon motor control ESCON  70/10 and an EC motor. I have to get/send data to/from DAQ so the ESCON controller to parse the data received or sent and do something to the motor. 

Is there any Add-on or library to install for labview? I installed SDI plugin but I can't figure ti out how to use it. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,785 Views)

if you have some kind of serial interface, just use VISA and talk to the device via the *hopefully* documented format.

i have used a maxon motor before, don't know the name/specs/anything about it anymore,

but we had some kind of controller board coming with it, and i used maxons software to play with the motor,

configure it and then i only had to use a voltage to control the speed and direction from my labview program.

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,776 Views)

Thank you, I will try to use that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,767 Views)

you managed to do the control from labview, I have a escon 50/5 with EC 90 maxon and I am a little lost in how to connect the controller by labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,518 Views)