From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control CS-200 Konica Minolta chromameter using USB and labview

Hi,
Does any body have any ideas about controling a Konica Minolta CS-200 chromameter using Labview. The Chromameter has an USB interface to the computer that is controlled by its own software. I dont think there is a command language available for this or any such thing. But is there a brute force way of reading measurements from CS-200.
Thank you, Jignesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(11,351 Views)
at the back of the user's manual there is this URL
for controlling the camera with an independent program
download the specifications for the USB driver there

it is probably a DLL that you will need to call from LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(11,340 Views)
Thanks for the tip. The dll and instructions look comprehensive. I will have to get smart about calling external instruments from Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(11,337 Views)
Here is an option that might help you reverse engineer the code.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(11,334 Views)
I developed a LabVIEW application a few years ago that use the Minolta CA210 color analyzers.  I used the ActiveX controls in LabVIEW to interface to the unit via USB (RS232 as well).  The unit came with software that you had to install on the target computer (it put the DLLs used to control the unit in the windows system folder and added registry entries).  There was a SDK manual that showed all of the methods and properties in the DLLs; once I figured out how to make calls via ActiveX, I was able to control the unit.

Hopefully the CS-200 can be controlled similarly.  I've attached a subVI used to initialize a CA210; hope this helps!

Daniel

Message 5 of 28
(11,327 Views)

deyyoung

Thanks for the file. I will check it out.

Jignesh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(11,322 Views)
DisplayMan did you ever complete the labview driver for the CS-200?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(10,848 Views)

Hello,

Does anyone have labview program to control minolta CS-200?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(8,092 Views)

Does anyone have labview program to control minolta CA-200 or CA-310?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(7,748 Views)

I did a smal VI to do a basic color measurement with the CA-310 which uses the same driver than the CA-200.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(7,406 Views)