LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control+C Command to Execution Sytem

Hello All,

Hope you all doing well.

Actually i have written the python code which launches labview exe file in which it will execute the exe and  stops the exe after the Test completes.

Inspite of opening the python code directly i have used the vi which uses system execution vi for which i provide necessary commands to run the python code and it is running properly if i want to close the running python(background) i will provide the Ctrl+C from keyboard in the prompt which is opened.

But i want this in a different way i.e if i press the any Button and it should send the Ctrl+C to the System Execution vi i tried doing this but it is showing error  i have attached the error image and the Vi can any one please help me with this

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,050 Views)

Hi Gowtham,

it doesn't make a lot of sense when you show an image with hiding the function where that error (probably) occurs…

I don't think "ctrl-c" is a valid Windows shell command.

I also think a polling loop should not run as fast as possible…

Why is there a Select function when the input is ALWAYS TRUE?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,038 Views)

Hello All,

Hope you all doing well.

Actually i have written the python code which launches labview exe file in which it will execute the exe and  stops the exe after the Test completes.

Inspite of opening the python code directly i have used the vi which uses system execution vi for which i provide necessary commands to run the python code and it is running properly if i want to close the running python(background) i will provide the Ctrl+C from keyboard in the prompt which is opened.

But i want this in a different way i.e if i press the any Button and it should send the Ctrl+C to the System Execution vi i tried doing this but it is showing error  i have attached the error image and the Vi can any one please help me with this

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,000 Views)

Hello Sir,

Here is the error Image where it is occuring

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,027 Views)

Hello Sir,

Case selection is because when I press that button it will send TRUE at that condition it should send Ctrl+C to the CMD Prompt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,024 Views)

Ctrl+C is the command to stop the running python code

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,020 Views)

Hi Gowtham,

Ctrl+C is the command to stop the running python code

In your image you are sending the command "ctrl-c"…

I still think "ctrl-c" is not a valid command for the Windows command shell!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,015 Views)

Hello Sir,

K sir can u suggest me which is the better way or crct command

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,008 Views)

Hi Gowtham,

K sir can u suggest me

What is "K" and "u"? See this!

which is the better way or crct command

What is a "crct command"?

When you want to simulate a keypress event then you should simulate that keypress events!

Search this forum for related topics, I recently read some discussions about that very same topic…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,002 Views)

Hello Sir,

Sorry for using short key words

I was asking what is the correct command or string to send system execution

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,988 Views)