cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuously Recording Thermocouple Data to Report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to cotinously record thermocouple data and generate an Excel report using the Report Generation tool box. The problem I am having is currently I am only able to capture the final data upon clicking the stop botton. How can I continously collect every data point and insert them into the

table?

I am using Labview 2011 (but I have 2010 still installed if that is a problem) on XP and I am aquiring the data using a NI 9211.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,995 Views)

You might want to post it as LV2010 or earlier until people (like me) get a chance to upgrade. I mean 2011 only came out this week. Smiley Very Happy

But the most helpful people have probably already upgraded.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,992 Views)

Sorry I posed the wrong file. Here is the 2010 compatable file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,987 Views)

You are not closing the report. But I think the problem is that you need to wire the report object reference to a shift register. It's a good idea to do that with the error wire as well.

Example_VI_BD.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,983 Views)

The shift registers are good design, but I think the core issue is writing to the same Start pos. It needs to be incremented like this.

IncrStart.png

Edit: To the Left, that blue wire is comming from the iteration terminal of the loop.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,969 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ee_hokie

Correction to my post above... that will work, however, there's an Iteration terminal on the VI. Just wire to that!

Iteration.png

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,958 Views)

Thanks Broken Arrow I completly over looked that, it works great!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,951 Views)

@ee_hokie wrote:

[...] I completly over looked that, [...]

(obviously) I did too at first! Smiley Happy It's a nice feature, which I never use because I use the more "raw" ActiveX wrapper VI's for writing to Excel. Probably no real performance gain - just what I'm used to.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,948 Views)