LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuously Record and Output Pulses from Same DAQ?

I have some sensors I would like to continuously monitor, as well as some projectors I would like to send a signal to at undetermined times (i.e. everytime I press "Play Signal"). Is it possible to independently trigger Analog Output data while continously recording Analog Input data? I am using an NI 6366 USB DAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,382 Views)

It should be fine.  Just set up your AO tasks *without* calling DAQmx Timing.  This will leave them in a software-timed on-demand mode.  In this mode, each AO channel could have its own task.  (When hardware timing is configured, most boards would only allow one AO task to be active at a time.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,361 Views)

Wow, that's some gadget!  [I'm used to its tinier cousins, the USB-6009 and USB-6002).  You use the phrase "independently trigger Analog Output data" -- do you want to output a waveform (an Analog signal) or generate a "trigger", a basically digital output?  The Good News is the device has both AO and DO capability, and it is definitely possible to have multiple DAQmx tasks running simultaneously.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,327 Views)