LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous digital bit-stream output with pxie6368

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to continuously output a predefined stream of 1's and 0's. For example if my stream is 10010011, I would like the digital output to be: ...10010011_10010011_10010011.., at a specified clock rate. As a new user of NI DAQs and LabView, I don't know the solution. But, I have been looking at the examples of Digital Output:

Digital (Pipelined Sample Clock) - Continuous Output.vi

Digital - Continuous Output.vi

Digital - Finite Output.vi

Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi.

I use the SCB-68A break-out board, and monitor the digital port outputs on an oscilloscope. Only the "Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi" shows outputs as programmed. The other three examples output on the oscilloscope is always 0.

I also downloaded a VI from the NI forums:

Single Write Digital Waveform with Custom Width and Hi - Low Pattern - LV2012 NI Verified.vi

Its output is also always 0.

What would be the approach to output a bit-stream continuously from the digital ports?

Thanks,

Mohit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,420 Views)

Any ideas would be appreciated. I want to output a bit pattern continuously to digital outputs. For example if my stream is 10010011, I would like the digital output to be: ...10010011_10010011_10010011.., at a specified clock rate.

Thanks,

Mohit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,380 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johndoe777777779

Can you take a screen shot of how you are configuring your channels/tasks in LabVIEW? Maybe a screen shot of the block diagram?

How can you tell that the one example is working and the others are not? In other words, how are you observing the digital outputs? Just the multi meter?

Danielle

Applications Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,355 Views)