Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous TCP reading from RT system

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

Project:

I have an AVR32 Board which continuously collects data and sends it to a PC. The PC communicates with the AVR via LabVIEW for data processing and e.g. setting the measurement parameters. Up until now I used a RS232 connection and processed the incoming data via the VISA driver. But since the serial connection is so slow I now want to upgrade to TCP/IP.

Current working state:

With the serial connection I checked the COM-port buffer every n milliseconds and processed the data in a queue afterwards. So basically my VI checked if the PC received something and processed it right away.

Problem:

So I tried to create a similar VI with TCP Read and I thought that I neededed the Immediate mode. I wanted to do this since it's a continuous data stream with a custom protocoll where the package sizes vary. But while wireshark tells me that the data packages arrive, I can't read them in LV.

Basically I have the same problem as this guy. But sadly he already worked it out without enlightening poor bastards like me ;). So could you please help me with this?

I attached my current testing VI.

Thanks,

Prunebutt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,532 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prunebutt

Sorry for the doublepost... where's the edit button? o.O

Ok, I could've figured it out by myself. My problem was that I had to specify how many bytes there where to read. My VI received the packets as soon as I told it to wait for 1 byte to read.

Thanks for reading anyways. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,514 Views)