LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Measurement and logging template UI State

Solved!
Go to solution

I am just starting to learn the queued message handler and ive started working with the Continuous measurement and logging template.  Outside the UI Message Loop there is a typedef for UI State,  I havent been able to find any documenation on what the UI State does,  I tried to follow it in the program but I am not getting it.  

Anyone know where I can find information on how this works? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,145 Views)

Can you provide the actual code you are looking at? Not sure i have that specefic exmample.  From the image i see a type def labeled UI Refs.  If i had to guess this is a cluster of references to user face objects.  Using those references it is easy to use property and invoke nodes to update these objects.  I dont know the specefic state this happens in because i do not have the code.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,136 Views)

I created a new project with the continuous measurement and logging with DAQMX.  The block diagram for the main.vi there is a UI State just underneath the UI Refs.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,129 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ScottOHara

okay, didnt see how i missed that.  That is the type def enum for selecting the state in the state machine inside the UI message loop.  That little arrow in a box on the while loop is a shift register which stores the previous loops data. That enum is set to idle at application state and is then updated inside the UI Message loop. It is updated in several states within the message cases structure.  This you can see because the same type def enum is connected to the shift register on the right side of the while loop with the arrow pointing up.

State Machine Tutorial

Shift Registers

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,096 Views)