LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Measurement and Logging template trouble

Hello.
I'am trying to make an app based on Continuous Measurement and Logging template.
In subVI Acquisition Message Loop will be the oscilloscope signal capturing (with analog trigger). I would like to see the current scope record, not accumulated signal. I tried to change the template by replacing Waveform Chart with the Waveform Graph in Data Display Loop. I also replaced the element data type at Obtain Notifier subVI input, putting Waveform Constant. However, the indicator continues to accumulate and show nonsense. Where is the sine?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,392 Views)

You did notice you are talking about the Continuous Measurement and Logging template, right?  "Continuous" means (crudely) that it "continues without a break", sort of like a chart recorder or an oscilloscope, always changing as new data are input.

If you want a different behavior, you can (of course) program it, but you first need to carefully define the behavior that you want.  What is it that you are trying to accomplish?  What are your sampling (data) rates?  What is your sampling size?  What (if not a view of the continuous incoming signal) is it that you wish to see?

Now look at your code and decide where/how to change it to meet your (changed) requirements.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,340 Views)