LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous contour move with SoftMotion

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to program a control system for a cartesian positioning system with three axes. Therefore I programed a test VI where I'm trying to perform a continous contour move with my coordinated axes. One loop is writing points from an array into a cluster and is sending that cluster with a real time fifo to another loop where I use the Straight-line-move "polyline" to generate a move profile out of these points. Then I want to update my table ressource in order to let the contour move drive off the generated move profile. I can run the VI (once) without any problems. But as soon as I try to re-run it there is no table space available although I overwrite the table buffer in an initializing process.

Does anybody know what's wrong here or how I could solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,084 Views)

Anybody?

I don't really understand how to update my table ressource .. Can I only update it when the contour function has already used all the points in it? And does the contour function delete those points that it has already used?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,049 Views)

Hi Dammbo,

since there is already some time passed after your message, do you still encounter the mentioned problem with updating your table resource when re-running vi? 

When you are re-adding (via button->event in event structure->Init Array), does it update table as you expect? So the no table space available scenario is happening only when you stop running of VI and then you run it again?

Regards,

Patrik
CTA, CLA
Helping (sharing) is caring!

If the post was helpful - Kudo it.
If the post answered your question - Mark it as Solution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,996 Views)