From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous Trigger in acceleration measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

currently I'm writing a VI for continous acceleration measurement. Herefore I'm using a PXIe-4480 and a ADXL001-70.

I want to monitor the acceleration continously and write the data of acceleration changes. My idea is to implement a trigger which checks the acceleration.

The Trigger should check the acceleration continously and pause the "Write file" if the sensor is in neutral position.

It's my first VI and my first experience with LabVIEW. 

Kind Regards

Devran
Mein Problem:
Aktuell werden alle Messdaten aufgezeichnet.

Mein Ziel ist es einen Trigger zu haben, der prüft ob es eine Beschleunigungsänderung gibt und dann nur diese Daten speichert.
Ich habe einen Ansatz geschrieben, komme aber nicht weiter...

Ich hoffe, dass ihr mir dabei helfen könnt. Das VI ist im Anhang zu finden.

Viele Grüße,
Devo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,005 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devran

I would suggest that you continuously acquire data, then use a Producer/Consumer design to process the data in a consumer loop.

This loop can check if the data is greater than some threshold, and if so, either directly log the data, or pass it to another loop (becoming then a producer as well as a consumer) to log it there.

GCentral
Message 2 of 7
(2,920 Views)

Hey,

thank you for your help, cbutcher. 

I solved the problem with a simple for-loop.

Kind Regards

Devo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,848 Views)

It's great that you found a solution that works for you.

You might also consider something like this:

Example_VI.png

Here I use "In Range and Coerce" to check if the value is between some limits, then a Conditional tunnel to only output the elements where the condition is true.

GCentral
Message 4 of 7
(2,842 Views)

Hey,

thanks for your help. A very elegant solution, but this doesn't work for me. I need data out of the range (for example: all data bigger than 5 and lower than -5). Is there also a function for it?

(sorry for the double post... Bad internet connection)

Kind Regards

Devran

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,794 Views)

Hey,

thanks for your help. A very elegant solution, but this doesn't work for me. I need the data out of the range (for example: all data bigger than 5 and lower than -5). Is there also a function for it?

Kind Regards

Devran

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,809 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Devran

Currently, there is not - however, if you place a "Not" function on the boolean line between the In Range and Coerce and the tunnel, you'll get the functionality you want.

Note you can also change if the limits are included or excluded by right clicking on the In Range node.

GCentral
Message 7 of 7
(2,777 Views)