LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context help in LabVIEW truncated to 8000 characters.

Solved!
Go to solution

untitled.PNG

How to get more details?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,638 Views)
Don't you think 8000 characters is a lot for context help? I use just one or two sentences in my context help. If you're overshooting it, probably you should considering making detailed help and link it to a chm file and use the documentation option of the VI to link to it.
Message 2 of 8
(3,624 Views)

NitinD wrote:
Don't you think 8000 characters is a lot for context help? I use just one or two sentences in my context help. If you're overshooting it, probably you should considering making detailed help and link it to a chm file and use the documentation option of the VI to link to it.

Why you are thinking it as a lot? Smiley Surprised Why shouldn't it contain bit more Smiley Wink

Actually am using some drivers for the Tektronix scope. You see in the above picture that the detailed help option is grayed out and no link for detail help. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,620 Views)

Hi Mathan,

Are 8000 chars not a novel by itself... ?! Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 4 of 8
(3,619 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Hi Mathan,

Are 8000 chars not a novel by itself... ?! Smiley Wink

Dear Partha, you will not say so when you look at the image in my first post where the help displays about just 28 values the variable can take and actually it is 40 and where can i get the info of the extras?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,614 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mathan
go to VI properties and check out its tip and description, it probably should have all the text. Hope it helps.
Message 6 of 8
(3,611 Views)

Thanks Nitin, Will have a look at it and get back.....

Thanks a lot,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,604 Views)

Are 8000 chars not a novel by itself... ?! :smileywink:

LOL!!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,589 Views)