LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conrolling BK Precision 9801 power supply

Hi,

I need to control the BK Precision 9801 power supply. I tried to use the Instrument I/O Assist block, but I did't get it to work. The power supply is connected with USB to the computer and the block seemed to find the intrument but it does't do anything. In the BK manual it says "Check that you are sending ASCII strings that are terminated with a CR (carriage return) and LF (linefeed) character". 

In the Inst Assist block you can ocly choose \t, \n and \r  or none if I remeber correctly. Is it possible to use that block to conrol the power supply or do I need to use some other way?

I only need to set voltage to 230VAC or 24VAC depending on the case. I tried the BK's operating software which i downloaded from their site and it seems to work perfectly but i want to make the voltage control automatic.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,232 Views)

I'm not familiar with the Instrument I/O Assist, but \r==CR and \n==LF.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,202 Views)

Hi,

Okay thanks. I tried with all of the vharacter options but did not seem to get it work. I think it might need both \r and \n which is not possible in the Instrument function.

I managed to find BK own example output VI which I was able use. It now works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,179 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,155 Views)

Hi

Yes I have downloaded drivers. I made subVI from their example VI to control the voltage so it works now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,133 Views)