From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue from a server to Client OPC

Dear All,

Now I am trying to connect the RGA directly to my system.

In past i connected it by the switch with port Number 7009 and TCP  connection port 2080 it was working properly but when i am trying to connect it directly to my PC it shows connectivity with the RGA only but not with the Main labview program, i attached couple of picture please help me in solving this problem.

Regards,

Taufeey

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,193 Views)

Hi Taufeey,

Can you clarify what the RGA is and what you mean by "it shows connectivity with the RGA only but not with the Main LabVIEW program"?

Presumably, connecting to your device is not working in LabVIEW, but it is working in some fashion? More detail is (almost) always preferable to brevity. Thanks in advance.

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,151 Views)

RDA stands for Residual Gas Analyzer, or QMG - 220 Prisma Plus device which basically works as a server I set its IP address 192.168.10.110 with the device name and Mac address. On visual basic, I created a client program after that I make Labview as my client with IP address 127.0.0.1 over port 2080 and my PC Ip is 192.168.10.10 with DNS 192.168.10.1

When I am trying to make an attempt for connecting Server(QMG 220)  with LabVIEW that time Server shown its connectivity but LabVIEW main program or client not giving any response.

https://pfeiffer-vacuum.com/en/download-center/

Regards,

Taufeey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,144 Views)

Are you able to revert to the switch method, since it seemed to work?

Are you able to ping the server from the command line on the computer? Does the VBA client connect just fine? Are you using any additional toolkits (Datalogging and Supervisory Control, etc) beyond the built-in LabVIEW VIs to facilitate this connection? 

Kevin S.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,130 Views)

Please find the attachment where QMS-Server-Edit.exe is the visual basic code for creating a server and labview is operating as a client where 192.168.100.13 is the QMG 220 server Ip and 127.0.0.1:2080 is the client ip and port and system or pc ip is 192.168.100.107 I cant make a link between server and client.

Please help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,124 Views)