LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection broken after 15/20 sec with LV 6.1 web server (only from remote client and only if the VI is running)

I'm running Labview 6.1 Web Server. I establish a connection from a IE client, after 15/20 sec. the connection with the server is broken (only if the vi is running and only from a remote connetion, from http://localhost... the connetion is good). The cpu load is high (but I have a 2Ghz cpu on the client !). My S.O. is W2K sp4 (also with Windows XP pro).

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,066 Views)
è successo anche a me: devi far attenzione a non creare loop che prendano il 100% delle risorse della macchina nell'applicazione server: se ti accorgi di questo devi mettere nel loop un wait di alcuni millisec, questo consente al sistema di riprendere il controllo e spedire i dati sulla rete.
La durata del wait la devi trovare sperimentalmente xchè dipende dalle prestazioni della rete e del tuo pc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,066 Views)
Some additional information about my problem: the connection with the server is broken when the vi has a lot of "property nodes".
In the attached zip file there are two samples VI, one with property nodes, the other without.

My sistems:
Server:
Athlon XP 1.8 Ghz / 512M ram / W2K Pro sp4 / Labview 6.1

Client:
PIII 900Mhz / 256M ram / Windows XP Pro Sp1 / IE 6.0

Some data:

Random1.vi (without property nodes)
Network traffic = 100/120Kb/sec
Cpu load (client) = 15/20 %
The connection is working right

Random2.Vi (with property nodes)
Network traffic = 10/15Kb/sec
Cpu load (client) = 20/25 %
The connetcion is broken after 5 sec. !!!!

Thanks for any kind of Help to resolve my problem !

Carlo Altieri
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,066 Views)
Ciao, grazie per la risposta. Supponevo anch'io la stessa cosa, però dopo qualche prova (vedi mio altro post in rispsota) h_o dei dubbi che sia veramente così.

Dubbi perchè il carico cpu sulla macchina server è sempre ragionevole (8/12 %) e poi se lancio IE sulla stessa macchina server dove mi dovrei aspettare maggiori problemi di velocità al contrario tutto funziona correttamente, e poi osserva i risultati sconcertanti dei due esempi che h_o postato:
in entrambi i casi il carico cpu del client è sempre ragionevole, il traffico di rete è enormemente maggiore nel caso FUNZIONANTE !
L'unica differenza tra i due esempi è la presenza nel VI non funzionante di "property nodes", secondo me quindi è un bug dell'ActiveX !
Intanto oggi provo a telef
onare alla N.I. per sentire se possono aiutarmi.

Se ti va di parlarne in privato (la cosa mi interessa molto) il mio indirizzo di posta è c.altieri[chiocciola]rimuovimi.ingegneriaagraria.it.

Ciao e grazie
(allego di nuovo i due esempi zippati)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,066 Views)
Carlo,
Look at this KnowledgeBase
Why Do I Get the Message, "The Connection with the Server Has Been Broken," with Remote Panels in La...
Adding or increasing the wait time to at least 10ms in all of your loops should fix the problem.
Zvezdana S.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,066 Views)
Zvezdana, thanks for the link, but I don't think that the solution is a right solution: my sample random2.htm work right (no broken connection) with at least a wait of 50 ms / loop, and in my real application (more complex) with a wait of 400 ms / loop, too high because I need at least 5 loops/sec..

And:
Why if I open the browser in the same PC where LV is running the connection don't break ?
Why the cpu load is more high in the client than in the server ?
Why if I don't use any "property node" the connection don't break ?

Thanks for any explanation.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,066 Views)
Dear mr. Altieri,
Do you have solved your problem about the message "the connection with the server is broken"
I had the same problem and cannot find solution
thanks
Andrea
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,066 Views)