LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between LabVIEW and DMM6500

Hello,

My goal is to measure the voltage and current to be synchronized to see the I-V relationship of my sample.

In order to do that, I have tried to connect DMM 6500 (Keithley) and LabVIEW cDAQ. Below is what I tried to connect them.

Capture.JPG

My question:

1) The above connection could be plausible?

2) DMM 6500 has a USB type B port at the rear. Is it possible to use this port to connect to LabVIEW cDAQ?

3) If yes above, the cDAQ (NI 9402) would be an appropriate one to receive the current from DMM 6500? 

4) If yes above, can I use only NI 9402 as a single DAQ to receive both voltage and current to synchronize them inside LabVIEW automatically?

5) Is there a right cable to connect DMM 6500 and LabVIEW cDAQ?

6) I downloaded DMM 6500 driver and try to set up VI file to control the voltage and read out the voltage/current.

Do you guys give some helpful information to set up the program?

Thank you for your all comments. Stay safe!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,261 Views)

Hi Jasper,

why do you want to connect the USB port to the NI9402? And why is there no GND connection from power supply to cDAQ?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,233 Views)

Hi,

I corrected my schematic like the below. 

Capture1.JPG

I want to know whether a USB port from DMM could be possible to connect the cDAQ. (to send the current)

And if yes, what cDAQ could I use to connect DMM and what cable I could be recommended. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,226 Views)

If you really want I-V curves, you should be using a Source Measure Unit (SMU).  Look at a Keithley 2600 series device.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,196 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your info. I also checked that there is a Keithley I-V tracer software. 

This I-V tracer app could be installed into Keithley 2600B series?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,190 Views)