LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Starter kit 1.0

Hello,

I have been working on my starter-kit 1.0 robot for about a month now. Recently i decided that i would go moble with it and control it through my new laptop instead of my desktop. When i try to run the robotics hardware setup, I can see the robot but cannot connect to it. when I try i get the error code "-2147220288". I cannot find anything about this code online. When i contacted NI support, their fixes did not work. The wierd thing is, is that my laptop can assign it an IP but fails when it tries to download the software. Has anybody else had this problem and more importantly know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,853 Views)

Update: I was trying to connect through a router, and now i have tried connecting directly to the board, here is the error i got this time.

error code: -2147220621

nisyscfg.lvlib:Get System Experts.vi:1<APPEND>

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
nisyscfg.lvlib:Get System Experts.vi:1
nisyscfg.lvlib:Initialize (String).vi:1
Install all available SW.vi
Wizard.vi

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,849 Views)

here is the full original error code

error code: -2147220288

nisyscfg.lvlib:Install Set.vi:1<APPEND>

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
nisyscfg.lvlib:Install Set.vi:1
nisyscfg.lvlib:Install Set 1.0.vi

Install all available SW.vi
Wizard.vi

also, my firewall is turned off and my IP set to be dynamic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,848 Views)

Maybe there already is something that runs on the robot?

Check so that you disable the startup.rtexe from MAX.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,837 Views)

There is not something that automatically runs. Also, This process works perfectly fine on my desktop (using a wireless card) but fails when I do the exact same thing on my laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,805 Views)

@Defested wrote:

There is not something that automatically runs. Also, This process works perfectly fine on my desktop (using a wireless card) but fails when I do the exact same thing on my laptop.

Try to reduce the speed on your network interface to 10 or 100Mbit/s

Try connecting through a wired router that have DHCP and internet access. 

I got some weird errors/crashes when I try to connect when the sbRIO isn't able to reach the net.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,796 Views)

Sorry it took so long to respond, I havnt been able to try this until now. I cannot find how to change my network interface speed.

also, I am already connecting through a wired router with DHCP and internet access.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,763 Views)

How are you connecting using a wireless card on your desktop? Make sure your laptop is on the same subnet as your desktop and RIO. You can do this by statically setting the IP address of your PC to have the same first 3 numbers (ex. 10.1.2.28, 10.1.2.29, 10.1.2.30)

If you cannot see the RIO with both computers connected, try disabling firewalls and antivirus on the laptop.

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,749 Views)