LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting and using LabView with Vernier Labpro

I have been trying to operate our LabPro device using the LabVIEW interface. Initially, I ran the 64-Bit LabVIEW and downloaded the corresponding 64-Bit LabVIEW drivers from your website. However, LabVIEW prompted an error stating that the labprousb.dll contained in one of the driver folders may have been a 32-Bit driver and not a 64-Bit driver, despite the fact of how I downloaded the 64-Bit driver files. As a result of the following error, I have tried to reoperate under the 32-Bit environment by switching to the 32-Bit LabVIEW interface and downloading the corresponding 32-Bit LabPro drivers. This time, there were no errors with any of the driver files. However, several times now after attempting to run the "ex01_Find LabPro" vi contained in the LabVIEW tutorials, the same error has been popping up on the screen stating the following "Unable to find LabPro on USB or Comm ports.
1. Close all programs that may take control of the port (such as LoggerPro
2. Make sure there is power to the LabPro
3. Disconnect and reconnect all cable connections
4. Reset LabPro by unplugging and plugging it back in
5. USB requires USB driver installed (Vernier driver).
6. Serial requires NI-VISA installed (National Instruments driver)"
All of the above-instructed measures have been attempted, but no success has been met. In addition, all NI drivers have already been insured to be the most current versions, including the VISA required, and the LoggerPro 3 demo has been installed to ensure that the proper USB driver is working. It seems that the LabPro is detected when opening LoggerPro 3, but is not detected on LabVIEW. Could you possibly assist with this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,733 Views)

It looks like a question to Vernier support

My thinking is that for the 64 bit system they are providing drivers that work using wow3264, that requires 32 bit development LV. That is why you were getting first error " labprousb.dll contained in one of the driver folders may have been a 32-Bit driver and not a 64-Bit driver"

So you install drivers for the 64 bit operating system, but use 32 bit development environment.

When you installed 32bit drivers, they did not work because they are for 32bit OS only. (second case)

LoggerPro is application, built in correct bitness and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,721 Views)