From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a flow meter to myrio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody could help with this. I am trying to connect a flow meter (RS 257-133) to a myRIO-1900 to measure flow in labVIEW 2019 but I'm unsure of how to go about wiring it up to the myRIO. I've attached a picture of the wiring diagram. Any help on how to wire up and to connect to what terminals on the myRIO would be a great help.

Thanks

johnlr_0-1638380232590.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnlr

Go find a competent Electrical Technician (or Engineer) and talk to them about Flow Meters.  Several years ago, I helped design a Flow Meter routine a USB DAQ device.  The Flow Meter worked on a 4-20 ma Current Loop, which (not been an EE or ET) I didn't know about.  Turned out its a common design when you want to not only take a measurement, but also detect when "a wire breaks".  

Anyway, she (or he) will be able to look at the specs of your Meter, look at the specs of the myRIO A/D channel(s), and help you design a simple circuit to acquire your Flow readings.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,051 Views)