LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a cRIO9074 to external storage using LAN port 2

Hi All,

I am having some issues connecting my cRIO to an external hard drive (at the moment a secondary PC - but in the future it'll be some sort of network drive).  I can connect to the FileZilla server on the PC through the LAN connection between the cRIO and the PC, however when I come to send a file across it seems to try and use the 1st ports IP address for the transfer rather than the second port.

Is there any way of forcing the cRIO to use the second port?  I am using the following Tutorial to help me but I don't want to have anything other than a server running on the external drive.

Cheers,

Dominic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,663 Views)

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,640 Views)

Hello,

What I would suggest is that you use a NAS adapter on the Ethernet port of the RIO. This will effectively act as a FTP server through which you can transfer the files directly to a USB hard drive. The NAS adapter will have its own address to which the RIO can write to. You will also have to go into the Measurement & Automation eXplorer (MAX) and turn on the secondary Ethernet port.

P.S. I know we have discussed this but I thought it would benefit other customers.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,630 Views)

Fair enough,

I meant to put up earlier that the route of my problem was that I thought the default was passive routing, not active.  once I changed it to passive all my problems fell away.  I'm getting some fairly good results now, although still struggling with transfer speeds between 1-2 MBs.  But there is probably something I am doing programmatically wrong there.

I'll report back if I find a way of speeding it up.

Dom

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,628 Views)

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I have a cRIO 9074 and trying to expand the storage.

Did anyone tried with some NAS adapter? If Yes Which model did you tried and is proven to work?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,525 Views)

Hi Tino,

This is the model I ended up using:  http://www.addonics.com/products/nasu2.php

For storage I am currently using a 32GB USB stick:  http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/261013931154?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

It seems ok, I haven't been able to find any problems which are directly related to the NAS drive or the USB stick so I am pretty happy with that part of the set up.

Hope this helps,

Dominic

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,522 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply.

So to confirm: You are using this to extend the storage for cRIO 9074 with USB flash drive? Correct?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,518 Views)

Yes,

Using the FTP protocols to transfer files from the cRIO to the flash drive.

You can write directly to the flash drive over FTP protocols, but I haven't tried that yet.

Dominic

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,516 Views)