From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting WLS 9162 module to laptop

Sir

I am trying to connect my dell laptop to WLS 9162 module with ni9472 daq module.

for that I ueds following steps

open measurement and automation

then explored  devices and interfaces

then explored network devices

then I tried to find out devices , it is not listing the given wls module.

tried so many times.

before doing this  I  ensured  network card is configured to obtain an IP address automatically, lease help for this issue

regards

fsk

N.B throgh the netwok card I am getting internet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,082 Views)

Hi FSK,

I'm currently working with a 9163.

1) I had to do a hardline (ethernet cable) connection to the 9163 before using my wireless link.  This was necessary for configuration.

2) Over the hardline, I configured the 9163 with a static wireless network address (as I had no server on the network).  I used 10.2.2.101 with subnet 255.255.255.0

3) On my laptop, via control panel, network connections, wireless, properties, TCP/IP, I configured my laptop with a static wireless network address.  Here I used 10.2.2.201 and subnet 255.255.255.0.

4) Finally from my laptop, I made a manual wireless connection to the 9163.  NIDAQmx saw the device.

NOTE:  The NI application engineer recommended using a router for higher throughputs.  So we obtained such a router.  I configured it with a static IP as well.  Everything works, even at the 51,200hz sample rate.  The router could be configured to hand out IP addresses, in which case you would undo the static IP configurations, but we have no need of such a dynamic system.

All the best,

Terry

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,066 Views)

Hi Terry

I tried for the  same as you said. But still its is not detecting

regards

FSK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,045 Views)