LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting NI OPC Server with Siemens S7300

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my NI OPC server with a Siemens S7 300. I'm using an MPI to Ethernet connection. Please see link, http://www.ibhsoftec-sps.de/english/IBH_Link_S7_Plus.htm

I have the driver for the IBH_Link but I cant seem to connect with the PLC. If possible would you be able to list what I require for this communication.

I am currently using Labview 8.5 (student edition) with DSC and have a limited knowledge of Labview and NI OPC server.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,754 Views)

Hi hill1,

To establish a connection to your s7-300 PLC you have to know the following things:

- is the PLC reachable via ping? - Model + IP-Adress of the PLC (opc_s7-300_1.JPG)

- Rack und CPU-Slot of your PLC (opc_s7-300_2.JPG)

HTH.

Kind Regards,

--

Joachim

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,731 Views)

Hi Joachim,

Many thanks for your reply, I am able to ping to the PLC so next i will check the Model + IP-Address of the PLC and the Rack and CPU-Slot. 

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,692 Views)

Well im trying to do the same connect labview to a S7 PLC with an MPI from the PLC to the com 1 port on my computer. I cant seem to get the PLC to communicate with the OPC driver how do i retrive the tags and start gettin readings on to labview any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,858 Views)