LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting HX711 Load Cell Amplifier to NI myDAQ

Hi everyone!

I am currently trying to use the HX711 load cell amplifier with a load cell. I am connecting this amplifier to the NI myDAQ and have attached some pictures of my setup but I am unsure if I wired this correctly. I connected the ground on the HX711 to the digital ground, the DAT and CLK to digital input/output pins, and VDD and VCC to the 5V power supply. I know this amplifier is commonly used with Arduino boards so this is my best guess at recreating those setups - I unfortunately cannot use an Arduino for this task. 

I am also only familiar with using analog inputs/outputs with LabVIEW so I am also struggling to understand how a digital signal will be converted into a force reading. If anyone has an explanation for this, knows of any open-source LabVIEW code for this task. or could point me towards some resources where I could learn on my own, it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,749 Views)

Bumping this as I'm having a similar issue. I was able to make it work by reading the straight analog input off of the signal pins on the load cell. The NI-DAQ reads the low mV signal ok. I haven't been able to get any actual reading through the digital pins other than a high/low. The HX711 isn't actually doing anything in my case. All of the other responses to this question seem to have an arduino involved. I don't have one yet so trying to go straight to the NI-DAQ (USB-6210). If an arduino is absolutely required I'll just have to get one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,024 Views)