LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectin' FBG Interrogator via Ethernet to Labview

Hello everyone. I have an FBG interrogator that senses the reflectivity and transmission of a pressure sensor. I would like to receive the reflectivity and transmission datas from the Interrogator via crosscable. I cant find the interrogator in NIMAX (not so sure should I use NIMAX or not). I need kind help of you. Your effort will be highly appreciated.

Add 273 on whatever Celcius said.
-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,486 Views)

NI makes the PXIe-4844, an Optical Sensor Interrogator for Fiber Bragg Gratings.  If you have this in your PC, MAX should see it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,479 Views)

Hmm.  I just noticed you said "via Ethernet", which I assume means you have another instrument that's actually interfaced to the FBG.  You'll have to read the manual for your instrument and see what they say is the right way to remotely access it via TCP/IP, then write the LabVIEW code to manage this.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,477 Views)

Sorry for taking your time. Could you please tell me what do you mean with PXIe-4844

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,476 Views)

Bob was asking if this is the FBG you are using:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/sv/nid/209012

(obviously not since you don't recognize it 😃

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,438 Views)

Now I see. Yes, I have a different instrument (micronoptics brand) that is interfacing with the FBG. So, I need to receive datas from the corresponding interrogator and display the datas in the LabVIEW. 

So what are your suggestions in this case?

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,409 Views)

I have no experience with such instruments whatsoever, but MAX is only for configuring NI products so you wont see your product there.

You need to check to manual for your product to find out how it is communcating. Drivers, a protocol etc?

If you should require any more help from the forums, make sure to link to the manual!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,392 Views)

That is the biggest problem perhult. There is no a detailed user manual given for the corresponding device. Otherwise, I would be glad to share much more detailed info with you guys.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,385 Views)

Go to the Support page of Micron Optics and see if they have LabVIEW examples for your instrument.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,377 Views)

Come on! You STILL havn't even told us what the instrument is called! How do you think anyone is supposed to be able to help you?

Of course there is documentation, if you havn't got any physical manual just contact Micron Optics and I am sure they will supply you with the documentation. There is plenty of documentation on their website anyhow.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,365 Views)