LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to a remote system using VI server

hello all,

I had a problem with this VI server.I want to know name of the operating system,screen resolution of another system which is in same lan as of my system.I am using VI server for that.The other system doesn't have labview.I am trying using labview 2009.But i couldn't able to do that.Can anybody solve my problem?I have attached the screen shot of my code also.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,496 Views)

@srikrishnaNF wrote:
[...]The other system doesn't have labview.[...]

Without LV on this system, it will not work. There are other options, but those do not involve LabVIEW. So if you want such a LV solution, you have to install the LV RTE on the other system and configure it for remote access....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,487 Views)

Hi Norbert,

The system which i am trying to access has run time engine,but i think it doesn't have that configuration utility for VI server.Please help me.

T hanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,479 Views)

It should be sufficient to add the following line into the LabVIEW.ini-file:

server.tcp.enabled=True

If you do not want to use the default port (3363), you have to add the following line as well:

server.tcp.port=<NewPort>

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,476 Views)

Hi Norbert,

In that system where the run-time engine alone is installed,i couldn't find any *.ini file...

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,469 Views)