LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows to a Bluetooth Device in Linux to obtain the RSSI

Here's the situation. I have looked through the forums for information on this question. I do understand there are some compatibility issues between Windows and Linux, hopefully this is easy enough to not be a problem.

I'm trying to acquire the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) for a Bluetooth card - any card for that matter. Windows Native Drivers will not allow me to access this information through the HCI commands, I've looked. However, Linux does, it's easy, and I now know how. The plan is to get the Windows Bluetooth card to communicate with the Linux Bluetooth card and have the Linux box send the RSSI information to the Windows box.

This program, which I've been working on, needs some help. I would like to put it up to test tomorrow afternoon - when I get off from work. I would like to get some recommendations and suggestions on how to fix the empty parts. And if there's a better way of doing this.

This program is part of another program written in Labview for image recognition.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,444 Views)
I haven't worked with BT, so I'll assume the basic connection works (you open a connection and you get the data). I'm also assuming the linux box isn't running LV (if I remeber correctly, BT in 7.1 is only supported on windows XP).
So, to comment on your code:
1. I dislike flat case structures which span across multiple screens. I prefer using stacked ones if necessary. This is obviously matter of personal taste and screen resolution, so it's just an obsrvation.
2. Your connection will run not once for each connection, but until it encounters an error.
3. I made a few other quick modifications. They're ugly, but they should set you on the right path. I may have missed some of your notes.

(2,439 Views)
Another thing:
While in some of your loops you have serial operations which use the timeout to slow the loop, in others (particularly while loops which may run for a while) you should place a wait to avoid consuming unnecessary CPU time. I doubt this is related to your problem, but it can't hurt.

(2,429 Views)