From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Polaris 250 Laser sensor to Labview

Hi everyone.

I have a Polaris 250 Laser sensor, which is used to measure displacement as following link: https://www.lap-laser.com/metals-industries/measuringsystems/laser-sensors/polaris-series/

I want to connect it to Labview though USB communication or RS 485.

I have Power Supply, USB to RS485 and Cable of Polaris with 12 wires

So, I need every's helps.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,595 Views)

Contact them to have the user manual... first step you need to know the connection/protocol.

Benoit

Message 2 of 4
(2,578 Views)

@Ductuan.mta

Are you using any National Instruments or third party hardware to connect the Polaris 250? If so, I would check to see what those connections need and go from there. Also check the Polaris Manuel to see what connections the 250 needs. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,560 Views)

@ductuan.mta

Hi!

What kind of connections do your sensor have (just +/- wires, USB...)?

If it's only the sensor and +/- lines (or similar), the solution that comes to mind is using NI's bread board.

In that board you'll have analog & digital I/O among everything else you might need (power, fgen, scope, and etc...).
If not, you will need a device compatible with LabVIEW, an option is to get a DAQmx for this you will need a specific device and this can change according to the specifications of the sensor, like the output the voltage or current. You can connect the sensor (you're going to need the connections diagram) and then connect it directly to your computer through USB or RS485 and prove it with the Measurement & Automation Explorer program (NI MAX), the signal of your sensor should appear.
I also can see that you have a CRio Controller-9038, but I don't know the number of the module, so here's the user manual this may help you too.

Regards.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375696c_03.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,550 Views)