From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Picarro G2101i Isotropic CO2 Analyzer via serial connection to Labview and display real time waveforms

Currently I have a Picarro G2101i Isotropic CO2 Analyzer that I am attempting to connect to a computer with Labview 7 software via an RS232 conncection. When I attempt to go through MAX to set up a VISA seesion I receive the following error message in regard to the serial port (COM 1):

VISA returned this device when finding resources, and MAX could use VISA to parse the resource name. MAX could not sucessfully open a VISA session to this device.

When I selected troubleshoot I received the following message:

Device Missing Functionality

This Device may be missing some functionality. You may not experience any problems using this device if your application does not require the functionality that is not available.

In regards to this message I went into Labview and attempted to follow this NI tutorial:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2897

Considering this tutorial did not provide much information I am not sure if I was even close to acheiving my goal which was to get real time data displayed in waveforms in lab view. The data would be communicate from the Picarro Gas Analyzer to Labview on a Dell Optiplex GX620.

When I tried to run the VI I received the following error message:

VISA Read contains unwired or bad terminal

Details:

One or more required inputs to this function are not wired or are wired incorrrectly. Show the context help window to see what the connections to this function should be.

I would assume this meassage is pertaining to the error I received in MAX. COM 1 and COM 2 ports both had the same error message in MAX, but the LPT1 port had no error messages in MAX. I tired several ports in the VI but received the same message every time.

Any assistance anyone would be willing to provide would be greatly appreciated, and please feel free to ask for more information if needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,459 Views)

Can you talk to the instrument via Hyperterminal?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,452 Views)