cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused Indicator and Stubborn Booleans

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got a DAQ VI with two problems:

1. I've been trying to connect a comparator to a light indicator, but Labview tells me "You have connected two terminals of different types," despite them both being boolean. Maybe the problem is that the source is an array? To fix it, I tried using a 'x > y?' indicator instead, which made the wire happy, but doesn't seem to actually work.

2. I have a graph indicator wired to channel ai4 in my block diagram, but the graph's label on the front panel implies that the graph thinks it's wired to channel ai5. Might this be related to the above problem? Maybe worth noting is that all of my graph indicators default to plotting the waveforms of the next lowest channel when not connected to an actual voltage source.

Screenshot attached. Would appreciate any help that comes my way!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Passacaglia

1- You need to pull out the Y values from the waveform and find the MAX of the array.  That will get you a single value that you can compare to 1.5

2- Your indexes are messed up on your index array VI.  You missed 4.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,456 Views)

D'oh, thanks JoeWork! Clearly I've been staring at this thing for too long.

In the event that some poor sod with a similar problem ever stumbles upon this thread, I pulled the y values with an Amplitude & Levels vi from the Signal Processing > Waveform Measurements pallette.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,436 Views)