From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring NI9219 for strain measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I am trying to set-up a strain measurement VI using Labview. I am using NI 9219 module on NI cDAQ 9172 chassis.  My strain gage is configured in a quarter-bridge arrangement and I have made strain gage connection accordingly (to terminals 3 & 5 in NI 9219). However, I do not understand what are TEDS terminals for and what to connect to those terminals. Can I use virtual TEDS for this? I couldn't find a virtual TEDS for NI 9219. Any information in resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Nyquist99

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nyquist99
Hi, the TEDS terminals are only for transducers, like a strain gauge, that support TEDS (Transducer Electronic Data Sheet).  The TEDS standard is just the ability of a transducer to save information about itself in internal memory.  This information includes things like calibration constants and dates, scaling factors, electrical characteristics, etc.  It is stored in a standard template which can be read by computers and DAQ cards via those TEDS lines.  For you application, you should just leave them unwired, and setup up your strain gauge normally.
Chris Bakker
SET Americas
CEO

Message 2 of 3
(2,774 Views)
Thank you for the prompt response! That helps a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,771 Views)