From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Individual Channels on an SCC System

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

I am working with an older SCC system with the following modules:

2@AI03

3@TC02

2@SG24

1@AI05

The orginal VI for this system used DAQ Assistant to configure each module individually, with different signal input range, scaled units, terminal configuration and custom scaling.  See attached photos.

I am writing new code, but I don't generally use DAQ Assistant.  Is there a way to configure each module individually without use DAQ Assistant?  I have tried to configure the different modules directly, but I get "Resource not available" errors when I try to run the code.

Or should I just bit the bullet and use DAQ Assistant?

Thanks for any help.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,126 Views)
As long as you use the same task, you can use multiple DAQmx channel functions. They would just be connected one after the other.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,107 Views)

Ah!  So I just daisy-chain multiple "DAQmx Create Virtual Channel" icons together, then start them all at once, yes?

Thanks!

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diarmaede

Since they are daisy chained, they will execute one after another but the task with all channels will start when you command it to.

Message 4 of 5
(2,087 Views)
And just fyi, if you convert a DAQ Assistant to a VI, the generated code will show multiple create channel functions. I believe that does it with the function inside a for loop.
Message 5 of 5
(2,075 Views)