LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure graph palette

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the graph palette of a waveform chart?
I don't want all the tools to be accessible. For instance, on the zooming menu, only the vertical zoom should be available, and the other menus (hand tool) should not also be available.
I want to be in control of my x scale and I want to give the user the control of the Y scale and if all the tools are available, he will be able to control also the x scale and then there will be very big jumps on the graph, because I am programatically controlling it. The visual efect is not good.
I already tried to make some controls myself, controlling the max and min of the scale, but I really don't like the way it works compared with the native tools provided with the graphs.

Thanks,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,523 Views)

@PauloM wrote:
Is it possible to configure the graph palette of a waveform chart?
I don't want all the tools to be accessible. For instance, on the zooming menu, only the vertical zoom should be available, and the other menus (hand tool) should not also be available.

You can customize the graph palette, but not to the extend you wish. You can edit the graph control (Edit menu, then "Customize control...), and hide the unwanted tools, but you will not be able to access the pop-up menu in which the different zooms can be choosen.
Sorry...

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,514 Views)
Hello cc,

Thanks for your help,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,508 Views)
Do you think NI has plans to give us the ability in the future to limit the zoom options on this palette?  For example, I only want the user to be able to see the last two (zoom in, zoom out).  By not being able to customize to that extent, I likely will end up using the picture control with events and rectangle draw so I can extract regions of interest.

Don
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,413 Views)