LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure cRIO Network Settings w/o LabVIEW

All,

Does anyone know of any utility software I can use to configure the network settings of a cRIO without LabVIEW or DAQmx? If not is there some sort of minimal MAX install that can be used to configure it? The last time I tried configuring a cRIO's network settings from a computer without LabVIEW took GBs of downloads to get it to work.

- Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,352 Views)

Hello xkenneth86,

there actually is no stand-alone installation of MAX, but you can get the latest version by downloading any of the NI drivers, such as NI-DAQmx or NI-VISA, or by downloading NI System Configuration.

I believe the NI System Configuration package is the smallest, it includes NI Network Browser 1.1.0, NI System Configuration 1.1.2 and NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 4.7.2. Please note that this is not the latest version of MAX.

You can download the  NI System Configuration package from this page, also please take a look at this page for further details.

Daniel

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,335 Views)

Ken,

Is this a new cRIO or one that you just need to tweek the IP address?

1. Create a small application using the system replication tools that you can use to configure the network settings. 
  2. The network settings are stored in file named 'ni-rt.ini' on the cRIO.  You can use FTP to get a copy of the file, make your edits (BE CAREFUL) and then copy it back to the cRIO.  Then you need to reboot the cRIO for the new settings to take effect.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,328 Views)

Thanks for the solutions guys. I think I'll create one and put it in the public domain so people can use / modify it. I can't believe one doesn't already exist as it seems so simple.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,318 Views)