LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config write key outputs data in Notepad++ with equal to sign

Hi,

I have a situation where I am trying to write data in Notepad++ using Write key VI in labview library. 

Capture.PNG

THe data which I get is in the following format Capture1.PNG

but what i want want the output to be is this way Capture2.PNG

The probelm here is when we wire something to "value", it writes it with double quotes and if is it blank than it writes with =" ". Just to clear it "Class" and "Jammer Input MB/HB BPF" goes to the "key" wire.

I dont understand how to get rid of those quotes and equal sign.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,931 Views)
You can't do it using the config file VIs. Those VIs write a specific format of key/value pairs, separated by an equals sign, with quotes around strings.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,911 Views)

That is standard for ini files as far as I know.  I don't know if it's still true, but before, reading an implied string (no quotes) that had a space in it tripped up the reader.  Or something like that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,897 Views)

Strings are usually written with citation marks to handle spaces. You can deactivate that by wiring True to "write raw string".

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 5
(2,858 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Strings are usually written with citation marks to handle spaces. You can deactivate that by wiring True to "write raw string".

/Y

I forgot all about that, since I haven't ever cared how it went in or came out.  Nice.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,842 Views)